We all have those days where it just – bleh. It’s grey outside, it’s miserable. The whole world is just lazy and slow. Yes, there’s peace in the rain; curling up with a good book with something nice to drink and listening to the rain. (Yes, I’m that cliche!) But there’s also chaos – like going to work or school in wee hours of the miserable morning.
On those kinds of days, I prefer to have a calm, s l o w e r music set. Before I had Spotify on my phone, I’d listen to the Let Go album by Avril Lavigne when I was driving to school. It’s kind of a slower album, kind of depressing – but just perfect for a rainy morning drive.
We all have our own music for this kind of day, but here’s my rainy day playlist (just a warning, my music tastes are a jumble of everything, lol) —
- Complicated – Avril Lavigne
- Save Myself – Ed Sheeran
- And Still – Reba McEntire
- This Town – Niall Horan
- Closer – The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey)
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Control – Halsey
- The Book of Love – Gavin James
- I’m With You – Avril Lavigne
- It Didn’t Look Like Alcohol – Rebecca Lynn Howard
- Bring on the Rain – Jo Dee Messina
- If I Were A Boy – Beyonce
- Paint It Black – Andy Black
- When the Children Cry – White Lion
- Roots and Branches – This Wild Life
- Murder Backwards – Wind In Sails
- More Than Words – Ryo Natoyama
- I Want to Write You a Song – One Direction
- Merry Go Round of Life – Yoshihiro Koseki (Joe Hisaishi for Guitar Solo)
- Hello – Adele
As I said, my music taste is a mashup of everything, lol Maybe this playlist will be calming to you too on rainy days – maybe not. But these are my rainy day tunes!
Share your rainy day playlist below!
Thanks for Reading!